For those of you living with type one or type two diabetes, you should be taking extra care of your feet. Did you know? Diabetes can cause nerve damage that takes away the feeling in your feet. Diabetes can also reduce blood flow to the feet, making it harder to heal an injury or infection.
I know, I know… another unchecked box you probably have never thought of before, but we have to add this to our list. In order to avoid the serious complications mentioned above, keep your blood sugars under control!
I partnered with MediPeds® to help raise awareness on promoting healthy feet. MediPeds® socks focus on improving leg fatigue, swelling, blisters, and dry skin, which are symptoms caused by diabetes.
Although I have never experienced nerve damage or neuropathy, I have gotten blisters from wearing small shoes and high heels. Ladies, we’re all guilty of squishing our feet to fit in those cute pumps because they were the only size left on the shelf (I mean… one size too small won’t hurt, right?!) They may look good on your feet, but as soon as you take them off, you’re feet get to talking. They feel like they’re on fire and about to fall off. I can’t be the only one here! 🙋🏽
I admit that I choose cute and stylish over comfortability, but living with type one diabetes, I have to balance the two and listen to my feet. After a hard workout at the gym, my feet are sweaty and need to air out. I ‘m mindful of that, and immediately take my socks and shoes off when I get home. During date nights and GNO’s, I wear my wedges or heels, but the next day I wear comfortable shoes so my feet can recover. The same at the office, I switch off between heels and fashionable sneakers. I have to pay close attention to what my feet are telling me so they can remain healthy.
I have been wearing my MediPeds® socks this whole summer and I am LOVING them! They seriously feel like I’m walking on clouds. Read how cool this is…the socks have COOLMAX® fibers that keep your feet dry and allow breathability during your active lifestyles. I wanted to test this feature out so I went to the gym, I wore MediPeds® on one foot and a generic sock brand on the other. After 60 minutes of HIIT cardio and upper body, I checked my socks and the generic sock brand was damp and the MediPeds® sock was dry! Y’all being the sweaty person I am, I have never experienced dry feet after working out. It was a miracle! 🙌🏾
Another cool feature is their non-binding top which is designed to improve blood circulation in the feet and legs. You know how after a long day, your feet feel tired and sore? Well, I put the low cut MediPeds® socks on and I immediately felt a soothing sensation. These socks feel like cotton balls surrounding my feet. ☁
The cushioned sole is another one of my favorite features because it helps keep my feet warm. I’m anemic and my feet and hands stay cold. I can wear the socks to bed and the extra padding warms them up without them feeling sweaty or clammy.
Please join me on the journey to healthy and happy feet by following these simple steps:
1. Inspect your feet daily. Check for cuts, blisters, redness, or swelling.
2. Moisturize your feet daily.
3. Pedicures, please! It’s okay to live your best life. 💅🏽
4. Always wear clean, dry socks. 🧦
5. Get periodic foot exams by your physician or endocrinologist. 👣
6. Buy you a pair of MediPeds® to help with this process.
MediPeds® are made specifically for a person with diabetes, circulatory problems, and someone who enjoys relaxing at home.
Here are my thoughts on the products I’ve tried:
• Style No. 8617 – MediPeds 3PP White NanoGlide Liner – I wear these liners with my converse and flats to work. They have a no-slip feature on the heels so they don’t fall down and have you walking on folded socks by the end of the day.
• Style No. 8587 – MediPeds 4PP White COOLMAX Wide Crew– These are my favorite socks! They keep my feet cool, dry, and comfortable. They fit perfectly on my feet without feeling smushed or claustrophobic.
• Style No. 1000 – MediPeds 4PP White XS Low Cut– I like to wear the low cut socks to the gym because they hug my feet perfectly but at the same time allow my feet to breathe.
• Style No. 1000 – MediPeds 4PP Black XS Low Cut- The low cut also stretches as I move. For example, after running on the treadmill, normally my socks get stuck in between my toes and I feel them scrunch up in my shoe. Wearing the low cut sock allows my feet to stretch and move around with comfort. The toe seam reduces pressure points. It’s pretty much like a built-in massage for your feet.
I would recommend people with diabetes and other medical conditions to add MediPeds® to their sock drawers. It’s like these socks can predict how your feet will feel and prevent it from happening. After a long night, I can trust my COOLMAX wide crew to repair my fatigued feet.
Take care of your diabetes. Keep your BG’s under control. Your soles will thank me later! 👟 👠
Find your perfect pair here: http://www.medipeds.com
Follow Medipeds® on social media!